Saturday, August 3, 2013

Make Your Desk Functional

Hello ALL!

For the most part, my classroom is organized.  Apart from one small corner...

MY DESK!

As special educators, we all know our paperwork can overwhelm us at times.  But, mostly, it can overwhelm our desks.

I'm making it a personal goal to be more organized in that small corner of my room.  Hopefully, you all will see some progress through the year.

I have a special board on Pinterest (FOLLOW ME PLUG) for organization.  One thing I found was so totally awesome, I had to go out and do it.

I got these drawers at Home Depot.  They come in different sizes, but I chose the largest so I could organize more items around my desk.  Be careful to check the drawers before you buy!  A few at the store had broken drawers.

I used scrapbook paper in the front of the drawer.  I picked blue because that is my class color, but I have seen so many cute color themes on Pinterest for this project.  Please share what yours' looks like when you finish!

Lastly, I used my NEW LABEL MAKER!  Trust me, if you don't have one, get one!  Although, be careful, you may end up having so much fun you are labeling your entire house. :)

So, here it is:


As always, thanks for stopping by!

Love.

3 comments:

  1. I found your cute little blog via the Caffeine and Lesson Plans link-up! It's so nice to see what other special ed teachers are up to!

    Also, I nominated your blog for a Liebster award. You can check out this post for more information! (:

    Melissa
    seebeanteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will for sure follow your blog! So, do I just answer the questions that you answered?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, never mind... I read the ending of your post. How cute! Will do.

    ReplyDelete