Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Version of Puppet Theater


Hey lovers,

I found this idea on Pinterest and just had to make my own.  The teacher was making a puppet center for her reading class so they could act out during Reader's Theater time.  I am going to use this with my little ones (PK, K, 1) during social skills every once in a while (I only pull kids for social skills-the rest of the time, I do behavior intervention).  The kiddos can act out the skills we're learning with puppets!!  Totally fun.  

I think this will be great because we are always acting out skills through video or plays...this just gives us one more way to show our excellent social skills!  Yaya!  Let me know what you guys think!  Of course, you can change up the colors on yours!!!  Share with me if you are going to make one!  I just think these things are so cute!!!  

Here's the process:



I'm not sure what you call these posters.  I call them science fair boards. :) 
Get yourself some fabric, a science fair board, and ribbon (or classroom border).


Draw out a square to be cut out with an exacto.  I did not really go all out in measuring and making sure it was even.  I know....tisk, tisk.  I got too excited for it to be complete...


Cut out the square.  Don't worry about the ugly cardboard showing when you cut it.  I have the solution below:


Grab some tape.  Duct tape would probably be best, but I chose blue floor tape because it matched perfectly.   Fold it over the middle and layer it nice and thick just in case someone decides to lean their little arm over and crush it.  :)  I cut the pieces of tape so the ends could be straight and look pretty.


Grab your fabulous fabric!  Again, I just eyeballed it and cut it out.  I'm not that much of a measuring...that's why I am a teacher (not math), not a baker. :)  You'll need 2 equal pieces and one long.  Shown above.


Just to help my sewing (no machine :( ... ), I ironed over the edges.  I only did the sides that show.  Less work.  Haha.


Sew, baby, sew.


Now for the painful part.  Just kidding. Hot glue those bad boys on there.  I pinched the top curtain to make it look like a real one. :)


If you want you can add a border.  I'm not that happy with this one.  I think I may change the ribbon...You can also make a bow to tie on there.  Above you can see my attempt at a bow.....attempt being the key word. :)


AND, dun, dun, dunnnnnn.  Here we have it.  Hope you enjoyed.






P.S.
For your viewing pleasure: my outfit for the day.  The only reason I am showing you (and you might all as sped people commiserate) is because I can never wear a dress to work!  So,  for the next week while we don't have kids....I VOW TO WEAR A DRESS EVERY DAY!!!!!  For my first 3 days of training I wore a dress...No, pictures, sorry.  <sarcasm voice> Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you were all dying to see how cool I am <sarcasm voice>



Thanks for stopping by!  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment